Desi vibes and amazing fare at Desi Village, Garhoud



Desi Village in Garhoud is one of the newest Indian restaurants to hit the casual dining scene in the locality. Offering a fantastic array of authentic, true to tradition cuisine in a relaxed, laid back setting with comfortable sofas, multi-coloured cushions, big screen TVs and desi music playing in the backdrop –Desi  village seems to be here with the mission to offer dinners a unique dining experience in the heart of Dubai. 

Desi Village is probably the only Indian casual restaurant in this side of town that offers shisha as well as an offering on its menu. Colourful murals and props adorn the walls and corners, and the gorgeous yet simple interiors are the first thing you’ll notice.

I started off with a glass of chill and refreshing desi mojito. It came on a special terracota pot with ice below it and a terracotta holder A tiny umbrella in the glass was the eyecatcher. And did it taste good? It was just fantastic and lived up to the hype that came with it. What else could one ask for in a hot and sultry summer evening?!

In starters I was served with Kakori kebab. The kakori kebab which derives its name from the city of Kakori on the outskirts of Lucknow is a melt in the mouth delicacy. I tried to pick one with my fork but it ended up in small shreds. When asked about the consistency of the meat, I was told that this is precisely how it is meant to be – soft, tender and melting. The first dish kept up to its name and repute and it melted in the mouth in a scrumptious burst of flavors.



I was then served with Dahi ka sholey in appetizers. It was nothing like I ever tasted before. The yoghurt based dish came slightly sweetened and garnished with different types of capsicum bits. Very delicious appetizer and definitely a winner dish in the starters menu for pure vegetarians.

In the main course I went for prawns biryani. I must say that this was one of the best prawn’s biryani I tasted in recent times. The prawns were fresh, crunchy and tempting. I got so tempted that I crunched down all the prawns and was left with only biryani rice to eat in the end!! But with no regrets – the taste was so good that I was able to enjoy the biryani rice without the prawns. Prepared in true lucknowi style and bursting with flavours the Biryani at Desi village is a must try in the main course!


Finally it was time for dessert. In dessert I ordered Shahi Tukda. It was just a perfect way to end a beautiful Indian meal. Less on sugar but high on taste, the shahi tukda was creamy, juicy and super scrumptious.

After a truly enjoyable dinner, I decided to end it in a fascinating way by heading upstairs for Shisha.
Desi village is not only excellent at their food but they have some equally innovative and never heard before shishas on their hubble bubble menu.

I tried Rajnigandha shisha which I was trying for the first time in life. It was very different from anything I tried before. Then I went on to try my all time favorite paan for a change which was definitely remarkable to say the least. The flavors were so intense and the awe-inspiring service by waiter Ali definitely impressed.  




Their General Manager Danish is a fantastic and kind human being who makes sure that every single guest that enter his restaurant walk out with happiness and contentment. He ensures his service team at Desi Village take very good care of guests and that’s exactly why in such a short time of its launch, they have made a mark on Zomato and are frequented by repeat customers which include some prominent and eminent local Emiratis.

Desi Village is definitely a must go! I give my highest recommendation for this new restaurant.

Desi Village Restaurant & Café Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Post a Comment

Most Read Blogs

Miss Wang – Bur Dubai’s Little Secret

A Bong Affair at Dil Se Desi, Bur Dubai

Gursha Dubai : Serving Gourmet Ethiopian Food With A Cultural Twist

Zou Zou at La Mer, Dubai

Jazz @ Pizza Express, Dubai Relaunches in Style