Fujiya - Japan's Popular Restaurant Now in Dubai at Millennium Airport Hotel


It was indeed a long new years weekend of fun and revelry and Sunday blues seemed to be getting the better of me today. So, I decided to treat myself to some good food as always to fix things up.  Good food somehow always makes me feel good and elevates me from the deepest pits of worry or depression.

I had a place in mind already that I wanted to visit in the new year and voila, I headed right there. The restaurant is Fujiya – Millennium Airport hotel’s newest F&B offering. Fujiya is a very famous restaurant in Japan and it was launched last month in the presence of top dignitaries from the royal family.

About Fujiya
The outlet provides an authentic Japanese izakaya-style dining experience from Japan. Available on the menu are a range of iconic traditional and modern dishes from the country ranging from Japanese tapas to Wagyu shabu shabu (hotpot) buffet, Yakitori (Japanese style chicken skewers) and much more. 

The dishes are complemented by an array of beverages including rare sake, yuzu and shiso.
I was met by Akio – the director and sole custodian of the brand in UAE.  I was introduced to his staff who took over from there.

Ambiance
The place is beautiful, the ambiance warm and welcoming and there are touches of Japanese art in the background including the huge light with Japanese lettering, hanging from the ceiling.

The food
I started off with a bottle of Asahi – japan’s best beer as I quiet knew what I would be ordering soon. Nothing would be a better accompaniment for beer than a plate of sizzling yakotori smothered in their home- made sauces. I went for an assortment of Chicken Thighs, breast, gizzard, skin, and chicken meat balls. Each of those were stand out, however my favourite was the chicken thighs and gizzard skin. Both were delicious, particularly the thighs were tender, juicy, luscious and mouth-watering – in short.


I then went on to try my most favourite dishes I would die-to-try in a Japanese restaurant – the sushi and sachimi platter. The platter had the best assortment of Wagyu, tuna roll, maki, snake roll – the works. All were superb and artistically presented on a platter.



For the main course, I had a Teriyaki Udon – again one of my favorite light meals that I could have for both lunch or dinner.  It was one satisfying bowl of goodness that I just couldn’t have enough of. The veggies were super fresh and the chicken topped with savoury and sweet teriyaki sauce just melted in the mouth.



I finished off the indulgence with some matcha ice cream.

Fujiya Japanese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Most Read Blogs

Miss Wang – Bur Dubai’s Little Secret

A Bong Affair at Dil Se Desi, Bur Dubai

Gursha Dubai : Serving Gourmet Ethiopian Food With A Cultural Twist

Zou Zou at La Mer, Dubai

Jazz @ Pizza Express, Dubai Relaunches in Style