Five Ways Sesame Gives You Tasty, Nutrient-Rich Food
For a growing number of food-conscious people, it’s not enough that the meals they eat are tasty and enjoyable, it must also have the right mix of ingredients with the proper nutritional value that make them more satisfying.
Finding a restaurant that serves this perfect combination can be quite tricky. Fortunately, a new dining destination Sesame Restaurant over at Sunset Mall has made it their mission to serve dishes that combine nutritious ingredients with delicious flavours.
Natural Chef Neha Jamani shares some ingredients used in the plant-forward menu with dishes that delight the palate while giving the body a much-needed boost.
1. Take, for example, the falafels that are a staple on many people’s diet. Sesame has given this classic Arabic dish a refreshing twist by making it into a flavour-packed waffle using chickpeas that are loaded with good fibres to help with digestion. It’s also mixed with lots of fresh green herbs for a healthy dose of anti-oxidants that remove damaging free radicals from the body.
2. The Five-Spice Lamb on Sesame’s mains menu uses a powerful combination of star anise, fennel, black pepper, cinnamon and clove each a powerhouse of medicinal benefits. This particular combination is rich in antibacterial and antioxidant properties, and is cooked to perfection with choice lamb cuts and other flavours for a truly satisfying meal.
3. Another must-have on Sesame’s menu is the Origami Fish, which contains fennel – a sweet crunchy, fragrant vegetable that is rich in calcium and also contains magnesium, phosphorus, and vitamin K, which all play a role in maintaining bone strength. The fish is cooked in the restaurant’s homemade nourishing mineral broth which is a combination of 15 different vegetables, herbs, spices and seaweed. How’s that for an explosion of flavours?
4. Beetroots are gaining quite a lot of buzz these days for the anti-oxidant properties that are beneficial to heart health. This ingredient is the star of Sesame’s Roasted Beets with Whipped Labneh, which boast of earthy flavours that fitness aficionados will particularly like as it also helps to boost endurance, stamina and muscle recovery. Other ingredients worth noting are the cumin seed in the dukkha that is excellent for digestion and coriander seed which has anti-bacterial properties.
5. There are plenty of yummy treats from Sesame’s menu, and one worth trying is the Carrot Banana Pancakes, which uses buckwheat earthy nutty gluten free grain that is rich in protein and more easily digestible. It is served with a carrot jam that is made in house and flavoured with star anise and cinnamon which supports lowering insulin levels and improves blood sugar metabolism.
Did you know…
Seaweed is an incredibly rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Seaweed is much more nutrient-dense than any land vegetables and is an excellent source of micronutrients including folate, calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, and selenium. More importantly, seaweed is a great source of iodine. Try Sesame’s Seaweed & Lotus Salad for an appetizing treat and a healthy serving of seaweed’s nutritional benefits.